Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog #2

American Icons
1.
Chad Hugo was an icon that represented me because he is a successful music producer, and I am an aspiring hip hop producer. One song that Chad produced which stood out to me the most was the song "Lap dance" when I heard that first guitar riff I knew that this was one of the best beats I've heard. When I saw him perform with his band N.E.R.D. and Kanye West in the Glow in The Dark tour, I immediately recognized a likeness of myself on stage playing the keyboard. Chad Hugo inspires me and gives me reason that I can achieve my dreams and goals in life. He also established his own record company "Star track Entertainment". Chad is pretty much just like me, he likes to take the backseat to Pharrell and is more interested in the joy of making the music, instead of all the money and fame. Along with his partner Pharrell, he produced numerous number one hits. In a span of 15yrs Chad has shown his longevity and his composure by not being affected with his fame and fortune.


2. Jason Mizell a.k.a Jam Master Jay was an icon to me because he was a pioneer in the late 80's and he still has an impact on DJ's today. He was a part of a successful hip hop group called Run D.M.C. He played the keyboard, bass, and live drums on all of Run D.M.C.'s albums, in addition to his turntable work. Their album "Kings of Rock" has influenced me in my taste of music, and it made me appreciate other genres of music. His group was credited in breaking hip hop into the mainstream industry. Even If I didn't see him live in concert before he passed away, I feel that listening and watching his work has inspired me to be a successful disc jockey.






3.
Robert Fitzgerald Diggs better known as RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan. The first album I've ever bought was "Enter The Wu-Tang(36 chambers)" when I was just 5yrs. RZA's beats has influenced me so much that I started beat-boxing at such a young age. He was an inspiration to me because in my household I've always been exposed to lots of 80's music and when I first heard his style of music it was really different to me but the sound just appealed to immediately. I've bought wu-tang shirts, most of their albums, and I've supported the individual artist when they branched out of wu-tang. He has been praised as one of the best hip hop producers in the game. He also wrote two books about his enlightenment. His main interest was always watching martial arts films. He also written, produced, directed, and stared in his own martial arts film.

No comments:

Post a Comment