Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blog #7- American Icon Reflection

1. What did you discover about your writing during this project?
2. Identify and describe (at least) one specific writing technique that you used. How did you use it? What effect did it have on your writing?
3. If you had time for one more draft, what would you do?
4. Copy one sentence that you believe is well-written and/or important to your overall piece. What makes it stand out to you?


1. What I discovered about my writing is that I tend to be repetitive with my writing. I fixed that in my second draft. I also realized that I write a lot of run-on sentences. I can fix that by making shorter sentences and making my meaning earlier in the paragraph. I should also write an outline for my writing because most of the time.
2. One writing technique that I used was the avoid -ing's. I hit ctrl f and fixed all the highlighted ing's and used more powerful verbs. Another technique I tried to incorporate the concerts, not pancakes! I used that technique occasionally in my writing and I put the strongest words in the beginning and the end, while I put the weaker words in the middle.
3. If I had more time for one more draft I would probably connect myself more to my icon. Because I read over it again I thought to myself that I should probably go deeper into my explanation. But since we were limited to only one page I would have to write less words but still make my meaning clear.
4. I realize that I might not become famous but I want to use the selfless values and will be an icon to someone in the next generation. This sentence basically summarizes the whole writing and it expresses the main points that I'm trying to point out.

No comments:

Post a Comment