Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Writing Reflection

  • Explain one or more specific aspects of your writing that have improved this year. In this explanation, you must directly refer to at least two specific pieces of writing that you produced for this class. You may use any assignment, project, writing sample, draft, blog entry, etc. You should discuss the writing tips & strategies we studied, the processes & methods we used, the critiques & drafts we employed and the products we created (feel free to use these specific key terms to keep your reflection focused).
  • Describe one specific goal for your future writing. Your explanation of your goal(s) must include some or all of the following: writing samples from this year, writing strategies you have used in the past, writing strategies or techniques you would like to develop, examples from authors you respect, etc.
One aspect of my writing that has improved has been my use of connecting my writing to my audience. I improved in setting the scene, using statistics, and using character. In my Ampersand piece I used a statistic that doctors weren't allowed to wear ties because the neckties were carrying germs. I think its important that I've developed this skill because I personally like to read articles that I can relate to and be able to connect what the writer is trying to convey. And like in my Media Saves the Beach writing I was able to connect a big issue in the south bay to others.

A goal for my future writing would be implementing the loop in my writing more. Not just by putting it in the paragraphs but being creative and applying it to sentences too. This year we were introduced to the loop and next year I want to develop it.


No comments:

Post a Comment