Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Internship #1

Today i woke up 5:59 a.m. The night before I already picked out what I am going to wear and made sure it was business casual and professional. I walked over to my kitchen and prepared my healthy breakfast that will keep me going for the whole day. I had toast with nutella and a glass of milk. Brushed my teeth and shaved in the bathroom, and then I went to my room to dress up. I remember spending a good 6 minutes debating on which dress socks I would wear. The ones I choose were soft, black, and had a few dots designed on the side. I left home at 6:32 and hopped on inside my green Dodge Caravan. It took me roughly 12 minutes to arrive at my internship site at downtown 6th ave. When I parked my car I saw Lupe walking down the street arrive at the same site as me. When the doors to the school opened I was greeted by my mentor Mr. Howard Chan. He told that normal I would call him by his first name but since it's in a school environment I'll address him as Mr. Chan. He then gave me a brief tour of the school, while we were casually talking about what I would like to get out of this experience. We then walked down stairs into the computer lab, where I would be working at. He gave me a computer to check out what projects they already accomplished in past years in his website.
Numerous times I was stared at by students and giving me awkward looks, but it was okay since in my school many visitors walk the halls of my school. Then the first period class of MC tech arrived and filled up all the computer spaces. I introduced myself to the class and I guess everyone looked happy that I was there. Some of the software that the kids use was really cool and its cool that the kids have a basic knowledge of technology and knowing what to do.


This is my mentor. I was worried that I was over dressed, but the workplace was relaxed and the teachers and staff there wore attire like in our school.



















No comments:

Post a Comment